Friday, September 11, 2009

Magic: Kurtis Carl Jackson


I found some magic in NZ.  4:15 pm in the afternoon.  The Billabong BROdown contest had just finished.  It had been a cloudy, icy day for the most part.  Everyone is leaving the mountain.  Luckily, as a SnowPark Volunteer, my man Lewis left the lift on for 'one more' run.  The sun was peaking through, light becoming orange, shadows turning blue.  As I am riding up the lift, a photographer named David Peacock was randomly near the big jump. I shouted, and begged for him to take a photo of this final lap through the jump line.  After being shut down by every other photographer there on previous days, I had hope but no expectations. I hit the jump, ride away and later gave him my e-mail, "no guarantees."  A few days later I get this picture in my e-mail...  like magic.

3 comments:

  1. A few things I learned in NZ from Kurtis and his constant and very truthful quest for Magic...
    1. Love is an element. It should be added to the periodic table. Periodically.
    2. Timing is everything and rarely convenient. But thank god becuase when it is convenient it's damn good.
    3. Einstein said- try not to be a man of success but rather a man of value.
    4. Let your eyes always meet the sky.
    5. What a simple invention! A GIANT teeter totter!
    Got to love Kurtisms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magically Magical, Luckily Lucky, Skillfully Skilled, and Shreddably Shredded~

    ReplyDelete